Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Post

Let's get the introductions out of the way. I'm Will. I am a recent Princeton grad, and I am working in DC. I'm a very devoted car guy which led me to become a Mechanical and Aerospace Engineer. I have done a great deal of work with rusty old Datsuns, and have recently bought my first real car (You know, one with AC, and heat, and leather.....and a horn...and turn signals....and an exhaust system....), an Infiniti G35 coupe that I picked up used.

I now live outside of New Jersey for the first time that I remember, in northern Virginia, and commute to various locations around the DC area. As such, I spend quite alot of time in my new car, much of it in traffic.

I have always been very interested not only in cars but in car culture and the little social groupings and stereotypes that form around cars. Just as people are judged and grouped into social catagories by the clothes they wear, they are grouped by the car they drive, and what they do with it.

In this blog I hope to take an entertaining look not only into the trials and tribulations of getting to and from work alive, but into these unique and rarely documented social systems. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment